Photos from Ruby Conf 2008

The Omni Resort was beautiful -- this was our view during lunch:

Lunch at the Omni Resort 1

Lunch at the Omni Resort 3

Lunch at the Omni Resort 4

I liked the Hotel but everything was very expensive. Breakfast buffet? 20 bucks. Awesome (really good bacon) but still 20 bucks. Dinner? 40-50 bucks. Cab ride there from the airport? 80 bucks.

There was a tanning bed convention being held right next door. They got a security guard in front of their door while we did not.
Tanning Beds

The next 2 pics are of the lazy river. I did a couple of laps (assisted by the current) and it was very nice.
The Lazy River 1

The Lazy River 2

A fountain and one of the many pools.
Fountain at the Omni Resort

During the Matz Q&A my friend and fellow Obtivan Andy Maleh got up and asked some questions.
Andy Talks to Matz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Inject, Complexity, and George Carlin

SICP Wasn’t Written for You

I'm Thinking of Putting View Logic into a Model